Frequently Asked Questions Page
The following are some of the most asked questions in the Insurance Brokerage Industry:-
1. Why use an insurance broker?
An insurance broker acts as your agent, not that of the insurer. Our job is to look after your interests and find the insurance policy best suited to your needs. When you deal directly with an insurer, or through their agent, you are generally only presented with one product and it may not be the best one for you. There are many intermediaries selling insurance products, but unless they are a registered insurance broker, they have no obligation to advise you on what you really need. Brokers are experts in insurance and can arrange the proper cover for you at an affordable price.
2. What does a broker do?
Our job is to look after your interests. We will:
- Look at your current insurance and make recommendations on any changes or additions necessary.
- Identify a range of products suitable for your needs.
- Contact insurers with appropriate products and get the best deal for you.
When selecting a product for you, we take into account:
- The quality and extent of the cover.
- The reputation of the insurer for paying claims properly.
- The service standards of the insurer.
- Whether the premium represents good value for the cover given.
3. Can Acropolis deal with my existing insurer?
You may be perfectly happy with your existing insurer at present. You can appoint Acropolis as your broker and still remain with the same insurer. Each year, we will check to ensure that it is still the best cover for you, and if appropriate, offer you alternative products. It's still your decision, but we are giving you additional choices and expert advice, so you can't lose.
4. What if I already have a broker?
You may already have appointed a professional insurance broker to look after your interests and if so, have made a wise decision. Acropolis totally endorses your judgment, however we always take the opportunity to present our service as an alternative and ask that you consider:
- Is the broker able to offer our local, personal service?
- Are you happy with the level of the broker fee you are paying?
- Have you received the guidance you require?
- Acropolis is able to take over business with most insurers on 'Letter of Authority'.
5. Which companies does Acropolis deal with?
We extensively research the market and deal with most major of partners including:
- APA Insurance Limited
- Fidelity Shield Insurance Company Limited
- GA Insurance Limited
- Kenindia Assurance Company Limited
- The Heritage Insurance Company Limited
- The Jubilee Insurance Company of Kenya Limited
- UAP Insurance Company Limited
- Auto Assured Limited
6. What types of insurance does Acropolis offer?
We offer a broad range of insurance products including:
All Risks, Burglary, Compluter/Electronic Equipment, Fire, Home Owner, Industrial All Risks, International Health, Life & Pension, Local Medical, Machinery Breakdown, Marine, Money, Motor, Personal Accident, Travel and Workmen Injuries.