It is a requirement under Motor Vehicles (Third Party Insurance) Cap 405 of the laws of Kenya that no Vehicle will be driven on a public road without insurance. You therefore need an Insurer who gives a good package. You can choose from our special Motor Vehicle Insurance packages that have been designed to meet our customers’ needs.
This package indemnifies the insured following loss of or damage to motor vehicles due to accident, theft and fire, including liability to third parties for both bodily injury &/or property damage.
CLASSES OF MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE:
(1) - Motor Private Car
(2) - Motor Commercial Vehicle
(3) - Motor Cycle
(4) - Motor Commercial PSV/ General Cartage
(5) - Motor Commercial Special Types
TYPES OF COVER
A) Comprehensive Cover
This form of policy provides indemnity for:
(1) - Loss of or damage to any insured vehicle and its accessories and spare parts through accidental collision or overturning, fire, external explosion, self ignition, lightning, burglary, housebreaking or theft; any malicious act or whilst in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift or elevator.
(2) - Indemnity in respect of legal liability to third parties for bodily injury, death &/ or damage to property.
(3) - The cost of protection and removal of the vehicle to the nearest authorized repairer.
(4) - Emergency Medical Expenses incurred by the driver and any occupants of the insured vehicle as a result of bodily injury sustained in an accident.
(5) - This cover extends to include loss or damage to Radio Cassette/ CD Player & breakage of Windscreen/ Window glass without payment of any excess.
(6) - This cover also extends to include strike, riot and civil commotion extensions, floods, typhoons, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes or other convulsions of nature.
B) Third Party Fire and Theft
(1) - This policy provides cover loss or damage to any insured vehicle and is accessories and spare parts due to fire, external explosion, self ignition, lightning, burglary, housebreaking or theft. Indemnity in respect of legal liability to third parties for bodily injury, death &/or damage to property.
C) Third Party Only Cover
(1) - This form of policy provides indemnity in respect of legal liability to third parties for bodily injury, death &/or damage to property. This is the most basic type of cover available at the lowest premium.
REQUIREMENTS TO PLACE COVER
(a) - Completed proposal form
(b) - Copy of log book
(c) - Copy of PIN certificate
(d) - Copy of anti theft device certificate fitted (for comprehensive and TPF&T covers)
(e) - Payment of premium
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO REGISTER A CLAIM
(a) - Completed claim form: Accident: Theft: Windscreen
(b) - Police abstract report
(c) - Copy of driver’s driving licence
(d) - Repairs estimate
(e) - Payment of Excess, if applicable
(f) - Photographs of the scene of accident, if available