In the event of an accident where a Third Party is involved the details normally required are as follows:-
a) Name and address of Driver.
b) Registration Number and Make of Vehicle.
c) Name and address of Owner of the Vehicle.
d) Telephone Contact.
e) Policy Number and Name of Insurer. Certificate Number is not sufficient.
DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY.
· Notify the Police immediately.
· Remove the Vehicle to a place of safety
· Notify us of the accident as soon as possible and whether the vehicle has been sent to a Motor Repairer.
· Complete a Claim Form and send it to us along with a copy of the Driver’s Driving Licence, Police Abstract Report and the appropriate Excess Payable.
· Do not authorise repairs without the prior consent of the Insurers.
· Advise us of any Third Party Claims and forward to us any correspondence received from the Third Party unacknowledged.
LOSS OF USE CLAIMS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER YOUR POLICY. MOST INSURERS INSIST ON INSTALLATION OF AN APPROVED ANTI-THEFT DEVICE FOR THEFT COVER TO BE IN FORCE.